Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[OPEN] Community Event Editor intern wanted
12-24-2010, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 12:50 PM by achali.)
[OPEN] Community Event Editor intern wanted
The Community Event Editor internship applicant should demonstrate a passion for Community Events and any applicable subcategories including, Parties, Lectures, Conferences, Art Exhibits, Study Groups, Film Screenings and Concerts. The intern will be responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of community events in cities where there are Liberator Magazine readers. This involves reaching out to community organizations and institutions in various cities and monitoring social networks for relevant events. Must be prepared to commit to a possible 3 month term. School credit is offered (however, applicants for this position in particular do not need to be students). Contact us to express interest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2011, 04:15 PM
RE: [OPEN] Community Event Editor intern wanted
Hi there!
My name is Elliette Johnson, I recently completed my undergraduate studies at the George Washington University and am currently living in Washington, DC. I'm interested in this internship because I love what The Liberator produces and would like to be a part of it. This internship would be an opportunity for me to gain an understanding of the inner workings of an independent journal and be part of an active force that brings people together. I am passionate about community events because I spent my college years in the heart of DC and rather than being complacent with campus life, I branched out and was exposed to amazing new places, people and ideas in my city; I was inspired and felt a real sense of community through the events I attended. Social media played a huge role in this and I think this internship would be a good fit for me.

Thanks for your time,
Elliette
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
RE: [OPEN] Community Event Editor intern wanted
Position still open